Expect the exceptional
You will be challenged, you'll be inspired and, whatever your role, you'll
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||Finance Director|
About the role
The successful candidate will work within the commercial team of the finance department. You will use your analytical skills and business acumen to make recommendations in relation to key business decisions. You will be fundamental in maximising the commercial success of the business using your analytical skills. You will be constantly monitoring the competitive marketplace in which we operate by monitoring and interpreting business intelligence. You will play a key role as the nerve centre of the business working closely with departments to provide reports and data.
- Very strong numeracy skills
- Maths/Science-based degree would be desirable but is not essential if numeracy can be demonstrated through other qualifications or relevant experience
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of Excel is essential
- Knowledge of SQL would be an advantage
- Knowledge of other statistical analysis tools would be an advantage
- The very best analytical and problem solving skills and a real passion for big data
- Dedication to deliver team and business objectives and a willingness to learn new skills as systems and needs develop
- Good communication skills and ability to interact at all levels within the business, both technical and non-technical
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines… and a sense of humour is a must!
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Family friendly with maternity/paternity allowance
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
When applying for the role, we'd appreciate a cover letter (please keep it under a printed page), an up-to-date CV, and links to any additional, relevant materials such as a portfolio for creative work.
plan.com is the UK's fastest growing business communications provider.
We're technology-led and invest heavily in our award-winning online portal, which our partners use to generate quotes, close deals and manage customers.
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to open and close deals, as well as deliver exceptional service even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the isle of man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.