Expect the exceptional
You will be challenged, you’ll be inspired and, whatever your role, you’ll
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
National Sales Manager
|Location:||UK, home based|
|Responsible for:||Business Development Managers|
Responsible for providing leadership, direction and support to a team of Business Development Managers. To drive and grow the sales performance of the Indirect Channel to continually meet or exceed gross profit targets through effective team and partner management, minimising bad debt, fraud and loss yet maximising team and partner satisfaction, development and growth.
To lead the development, definition and direction of the sales performance of the Indirect Channel and to prepare the BDMs to execute new services as required. Working collaboratively across the other functions in the business to ensure all opportunities are fully recognised and exploited.
Consistently monitoring performance, attitude and service whilst also driving product sales and new business generation, with an unrivalled knowledge of Plan.com products and services.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Understand and communicate plan.com’s Indirect strategy and sales targets across the team. Inspire them to strive tirelessly to deliver these
- Manage the team teams to ensure delivery of agreed objectives and targets, including partner and colleague satisfaction
- Investigate and propose efficiencies, propositions and sales opportunities to consistently grow the Indirect Channel
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plan.com’s products, services, systems and processes
- Refresh and re-invent the scope of the sales team to meet the changing needs and targets of the business
- Ensure timely, accurate and relevant data is captured and reported regarding the ever-changing landscape of the industry/channel
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting on sales performance; competitor activity; opportunity identification; market dynamics and pro-actively suggest/recommend growth opportunities for plan.com
- To actively maintain strong relationships with key partners and plan.com personnel
- Maintain and cultivate an accurate, national ‘Hot Prospects’ database
- Recruitment, coaching and development of all BDMs
- The implementation of all company programmes, promotions and incentives into the Partner community is being driven by all BDMs
- Ensure all team members are meeting the minimum performance and target criteria
- Maintain thorough sales, performance and activity records and act eﬀectively on any weak areas
- Monthly one to ones and quarterly reviews of personal development plans for all BDMs
- Escalation point for high priority situations
- Fully understand and control the sales proposition, working closely with the commercial team
- A proven track-record of achievement
- Extensive experience of managing field based sales teams
- Demonstrable track record of successful sales leadership over at least 3 years
- Experience of managing change
- Ability to engage and inspire teams to deliver exceptional results
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of meeting stretch goals
- Team orientated with excellent people management skills
- Commercially astute, with the ability to interpret and act on complex sets of financial/statistical data with strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to negotiate and build relationships across functions and cross organisation
- Proven ability to influence at Board Level
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and professional
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good understanding of the Mobile and Fixed Telecommunications industry
- Ability to build rapport and maintain strong relationships
- Results-orientated with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Calm under pressure
- Proven leadership qualities
- A can-do attitude
- Prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ for the business, colleagues, partners and team
- High energy
- Heightened sense of urgency
- Actively demonstrates a passion for the business
- Demonstrate a natural coaching style in every interaction to increase the knowledge and develop those around them to the highest of standards
- A professional image and attitude at all times, and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive package
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Family friendly with maternity/paternity allowance
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We’re young, energetic and growing fast, which means we’re always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you’ll never stop learning and you’ll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We’d love to hear from you.
We’re not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone’s input counts.
Whether you’re an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
When applying for the role, we’d appreciate a cover letter (please keep it under a printed page), an up-to-date CV, and links to any additional, relevant materials such as a portfolio for creative work.
The content of this job description may change alongside the key performance objectives of the role if priorities of the business change.
plan.com is the UK’s fastest growing business communications provider.
We’re technology-led and invest heavily in our award-winning online portal, which our partners use to generate quotes, close deals and manage customers.
Thanks to our portal, we’ve torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to open and close deals, as well as deliver exceptional service even when they’re away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it’s the reason we’re number one.