Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||Financial Controller|
|Submission deadline:||Wed, 12 Jun 2019|
About the role
ACA or ACCA qualified? Got what it takes to not only join, but help drive forward and improve the Finance Department of the fastest growing tech company in the UK?
We are looking for an Accountant who appreciates the dynamics of a fast-growing company and the challenge of working with an ever-evolving company.
Reporting to our Financial Controller, the successful candidate will maintain a close relationship with the wider Finance team, taking ownership of periodic reporting, whilst analysing data to draw conclusions and recommendations that'll drive positive change.
You'll be a forward thinking, organised and a methodical individual with strong excel and data skills. You'll have the ability to interpret and analyse data to a high standard, enjoy working as part of a small team and have a flexible approach to prioritising and executing your workload.
In less than five years, we've grown from a start-up business to a market leader. Our culture and DNA are based around challenging the norm, doing things differently and not being afraid to push the boundaries.
We are imaginative and bold, embrace creativity, diversity and progression and nurture everyone we work with to reach the top of their profession.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Covenant monitoring and reporting to external finance providers
- Develop efficient month-end processes and system improvements
- Balance sheet reconciliations for TB review
- Performance review and P&L variance analysis
- Reconciliation of accounts payable and receivable on a monthly basis
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Timely preparation of IOM and UK Corporate Tax returns
- Reconciliation of financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information from relevant company systems
- Assist with preparation of audited financial statements and annual audit process
- Ensuring compliance with the latest accounting standards along with keeping up to date with any changes to the relevant accounting framework.
- Training and mentoring junior members of staff
- Interaction with other departments within the business
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Various other general finance tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements, management accounts and liaising with external auditors
- ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Hard working and able to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to embrace an environment where no two days are the same
- Solid commercial acumen and a desire to push boundaries to constantly improve
- Excited by working in an environment that celebrates both personal and corporate success
- Diligent with a focus on accuracy of output and able to work to tight deadlines
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com was named the fastest growing tech company in the UK by the Sunday Times in the latest Hiscox Tech Track 100 league and the seventh Best Small Company to Work For 2019 by The Sunday Times.
From the word go, our focus has been to be disruptive and upset the status quo. It's our ongoing mission to become THE force to be reckoned with and with the help of our people and partners, we have dragged business communications kicking and screaming into the 21st Century
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to delight customers and deliver exceptional service, even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.