Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Submission deadline:||Mon, 01 Apr 2019|
About the role
Qualified accountant? Got what it takes to not only join, but help drive forward and improve the Finance Department of the fastest growing tech company in the UK?
plan.com is the UK's fastest growing tech company (Sunday Times Tech Track 100) and the 7th Best Small Company to Work For (Sunday Times Best Companies).
In less than five years, we've grown from a start-up business to a market leader. Our culture and DNA are based around challenging the norm, doing things differently and not being afraid to push the boundaries. We have extremely high ambitions to continue our exceptional growth rate, to become a household name within the UK and a major player in other countries.
Working as «Number 2» to our CFO within our dynamic and growing finance team, you will be responsible for day-to-day management of the finance function of the fastest growing Tech Company in the UK!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Detailed financial modelling and forecasting (Cash Flow, Income Statement and SFP)
- Working with internal data scientists to source and analyse both financial and commercial data, and making recommendations on the strategic direction of the business
- Maintaining and further developing a robust financial control environment
- Setting Group and Business Unit budgets and financial KPIs
- Ensuring budgetary control, both operating and CAPEX
- Coordination and ownership of the production of month-end consolidated management accounts and onward reporting, to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate financial close procedures are adhered in order to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Ownership of year-end audit
- Management of Tax and Treasury
- Managing, developing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Assisting with financial and strategic due diligence of potential mergers and acquisitions opportunities
Key Skills / attributes
- An ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant, ideally with audit experience
- Experience in detailed forecasting and financial modelling
- Willingness to embrace an environment where no two days are the same
- Solid commercial acumen and a desire to push boundaries to constantly improve
- Experience of managing people and strong people management skills are essential
- Desire to understand and challenge the detail (both financial and operational) behind the numbers within the business
- Ambition to play a leadership role in driving an already successful business to even greater heights
- Experience in preparing consolidated Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS, and liaising with auditors and other external stakeholders
- Excited by working in an environment that celebrates both personal and corporate success
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to distil complex financial data into commercial and strategic information
- Diligent with a focus on accuracy of output and able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working within a business with high volumes of transactions would be desirable
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com was named the fastest growing tech company in the UK by the Sunday Times in the latest Hiscox Tech Track 100 league and the seventh Best Small Company to Work For 2019 by The Sunday Times.
From the word go, our focus has been to be disruptive and upset the status quo. It's our ongoing mission to become THE force to be reckoned with and with the help of our people and partners, we have dragged business communications kicking and screaming into the 21st Century
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to delight customers and deliver exceptional service, even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.