Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||Head of Tech|
About the role
Working on leading-edge, innovative technology and alongside daring, talented thinkers you'll help us to drive our award-winning tech to the next level continually pushing the boundaries, transforming the industry with every turn.
Your primary focus will be on developing new user interface components and implementing them using well-known React.js patterns.
You'll be working closely with the wider Tech team on different layers of our infrastructure and helping solve problems on sophisticated design and product quality so, the ability to work and communicate well with a team is critical.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills, want to work with the latest technologies and fast track their own career development whilst working at the UK's fastest growing Tech company.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with React
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with git
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com was named the fastest growing tech company in the UK by the Sunday Times in the latest Hiscox Tech Track 100 league and the seventh Best Small Company to Work For 2019 by The Sunday Times.
From the word go, our focus has been to be disruptive and upset the status quo. It's our ongoing mission to become THE force to be reckoned with and with the help of our people and partners, we have dragged business communications kicking and screaming into the 21st Century
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to delight customers and deliver exceptional service, even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.