Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||National Sales Manager|
|Submission deadline:||Fri, 12 Apr 2019|
Are you ready to talk the talk and walk the walk? Can you leverage your people skills to manage our team of vibrant and enthusiastic Sales Account Managers?
We are looking for an ambitious, sales-savvy expert who can focus their ambition to shape and develop our Sales team in order for them to fulfil their potential, drive sales and smash monthly targets.
Working collaboratively across the other functions in the business, you'll be responsible for monitoring performance, attitude and service whilst driving sales and new business generation by ensuring all opportunities are fully recognised and exploited.
You will be expected to inspire and manage the day-to-day performance of the Sales team to deliver beyond target results, driving an inclusive culture of coaching and motivation to ensure knowledge, commitment and capability are of the highest standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Team: Management and Performance
- Training, coaching and development of all internal sales staff
- The strategic planning of the team as the business grows
- The implementation of all Company programmes, promotions and incentives into the Partner community
- Ensure all team members are meeting the minimum performance and target criteria
- Monitor sales detail at Partner level to spot trends that need addressing or highlighting
- Maintain thorough sales, performance and activity records and act effectively on any weak areas
- Ensure all workflows are cleared and progressed daily
Sales Team: Coaching and Motivation
- Monthly 121s and consistent coaching activity
- Identify and run team-building events and activities
- Quarterly reviews of personal development plans
Partner and Customer Satisfaction Development
- Escalation point for high priority situations
- Create relationships with all key Partners
- Weekly sales management report including highlights, challenges, ideas and opportunities
- Constantly reviewing all sales processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Liaison between Partner and Technology teams for future portal and SRM requirements
- Build a network of contacts within plan.com and suppliers
- Work closely with key plan.com departments to create a collaborative, efficient environment
Key Skills / attributes
- A proven track record of at least 3 years managing a high performing sales team and ideally educated to degree level.
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of meeting stretched goals
- Ability to engage and inspire teams to deliver exceptional results
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to negotiate and build strong relationships across functions and across the organisation
- Calm under pressure
- Self-motivated, resilient, enthusiastic, and professional
- Ability to interpret and act on complex sets of financial/statistical data with strong business and commercial acumen
- Build and maintain loyalty and trust within the Sales team
- Proven leadership qualities
- Natural sales intuition
- Target and deadline driven
- Heightened sense of urgency
- Actively demonstrates a passion for the business
- Demonstrates a natural coaching style in every interaction to increase the knowledge and develop those around them to the highest standard
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com was named the fastest growing tech company in the UK by the Sunday Times in the latest Hiscox Tech Track 100 league and the seventh Best Small Company to Work For 2019 by The Sunday Times.
From the word go, our focus has been to be disruptive and upset the status quo. It's our ongoing mission to become THE force to be reckoned with and with the help of our people and partners, we have dragged business communications kicking and screaming into the 21st Century
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to delight customers and deliver exceptional service, even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.