Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||Head of Tech|
About the role
We're growing and looking for a highly skilled and motivated database developer, who will be responsible for maintaining and implementing new features in an SQL Server-based environment.
A successful candidate must have advanced technical database experience including:
- Writing, debugging and maintaining SQL
- Extensive knowledge and experience of MySQL, experience of other database engines is a big plus
- Familiar with database tools to improve performance
- Experience in implementing self-correcting and robust software to avoid failure and line-down situations
- Understanding of tracing and diagnostics to aide in issue resolution
- Ability to implement and maintain automated united testing
- Strong communication skills
Key roles and responsibilities
- Maintain existing code base (Stored Procedures, User defined Functions, Triggers etc.)
- Gain in-depth knowledge of existing architecture
- Implement tracing to aide in problem resolution
- Implement secured engineering practices to avoid security vulnerabilities
- Implement efficient code, and look for proper use of stored procedures/queries
- Advance experience in developing Stored Procedure, UDFs, Triggers and building database structure
- Knowledge of SQL performance tuning is required
- Experience with SQL Profiling
- Working experience of MySQL is essential
- Working experience of Oracle, SQL Azure, and MSSQL Server are a plus.
- Experience with Red Hat and/or Oracle Linux is a plus
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com is the UK's fastest growing business communications provider.
We're technology-led and invest heavily in our award-winning online portal, which our partners use to generate quotes, close deals and manage customers.
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to open and close deals, as well as deliver exceptional service even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.