Expect the exceptional
be a part of a business where your input directly counts
|Location:||Isle of Man|
|Reports to:||SysOps Manager|
|Submission deadline:||Tue, 22 Jan 2019|
About the role
We are a growing technology company, and we have built an award-winning platform which is used by partners and customers across the UK. The business has enjoyed and continues to enjoy rapid growth. The SysOps team needs to expand to cater for the demand to continually improve the product in its current state and help to drive the company to the next level.
Duties & responsibilities
Knowledge of the below are suggested but not essential as training can be provided to the correct candidate:
- responsibility for the performance, integrity, security and support of our operational environments for production/in-life platforms.
- Specialist experience in one or more of the following: i Linux, HyperV, Docker, Mysql, Oracle, Cisco.
- Responsibility for operational stability and best practice.
- Responsibility for provision, capacity planning, installation and configuration, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, security, as well as backup and data recovery strategies and solutions, working with the SysOps team, you will ensure a robust and scalable solution is provided to our customer base and that uptime is optimised.
- Working alongside support teams, development teams and architecture groups to ensure that a big picture view is maintained within the service and support function of the business.
All plan.com employees must present a professional, efficient image at all times and undertake any tasks reasonably requested of them by the company.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A can-do attitude - prepared to "go the extra mile"
- Lots of energy - a team player who can work off their own initiative
- A heightened sense of urgency
- A curious learner with an interest in professional development
- Actively demonstrate a passion for the business
What's in it for you?
- Bonus scheme and recognition awards
- Company-wide pension scheme
- plan.com PERKS card scheme
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Personal development and training
- Generous holiday allowance and paid bank holidays
- Extra half day holiday on your birthday every year
- Wide range of social events including legendary Christmas and summer parties
- Excellent exposure in a fast-paced environment whilst being challenged and rewarded
What to expect from a career at plan.com
plan.com launched in October 2013. We're young, energetic and growing fast, which means we're always on the look-out for people who share our passions, dedication and will grow with us.
We promise that when you start your career with us, you'll never stop learning and you'll never stop being challenged.
If you fit the bill, get in contact. We'd love to hear from you.
We're not your average company
We work hard but we play harder. Everyone's input counts.
Whether you're an assistant or a director, you know that your role is going to make a difference to the success of the company.
Got what it takes?
Get in touch using the application form below.
In order to keep your personal data protected, we only accept applications via our online application process.
We do not accept applications via email or any other contact method such as online via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. The details that are submitted to us via the application process are stored securely on our HR portal. Access to this information will be restricted to senior management and/or members for the HR team. We do not share this data with third-parties and information is only used for the interview and job selection process. Data is stored for a maximum of six months. In certain circumstances it may be beneficial to hold your data for a longer period with a view to other suitable roles becoming available and thereafter it will be deleted from the HR portal.APPLY
plan.com is the UK's fastest growing business communications provider.
We're technology-led and invest heavily in our award-winning online portal, which our partners use to generate quotes, close deals and manage customers.
Thanks to our portal, we've torn up the rulebook and changed the industry. It gives our partners unprecedented levels of flexibility and control, helping them to open and close deals, as well as deliver exceptional service even when they're away from their desks.
Along with our outstanding customer service and impressive commercials, it's the reason we're number one.
Why work on the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is safe, social, attractive and offers low tax rates.
Rugged coastlines and rural landscapes make the Isle of Man a stunning place to work.
Whether you grew up here or you're new to the island, a career at plan.com not only provides a fantastic working environment surrounded by amazing people and exciting work, but being based on a stunning island ensures that you will find the right balance between work, relaxation and adventure.